Oh, I am so far, far behind on blogging! My baby boy turns one year old on Friday, and I have yet to post about his hilarity, favorites, personality, and compilation of milestones! Fatigue, a dead Macbook battery, and being generally behind are to blame. It's time I played catch up.
My baby is pretty laid back in the language area. Here's a list of words, in order of appearance:
Dada
Daddy
Uh Oh!
Dis (this)
Dat (that)
Wha'dis (What's this?)
Yes?
Toes
Shoe (plain as day while walking up to me and handing over his shoe)
Dau! (dog)
Dop! (stop)
Righ'ere! ((right here!) This one was reported by his teacher who says he was hiding in a corrugate box with the flaps shut. She saw his foot sticking out and asked, "Wheeeeerrreee's Elgin?" He opened a flap, stuck out his head, and said, "Righ'ere!")
El'in (Elgin)
We really want him to say "ball." Why? Because he's a baller. You should see him throwing a ball and catching it when rolled back to him. Plus, I cannot wait until those "b" words start rolling.
And, of course, there's one word I'm still patiently waiting to hear. No "Mama" yet, but I know it's going to be so sweet to hear from this little perfect boy.
No comments:
Post a Comment