Friday, August 24, 2012

12 Months

Yep, I didn't post for the 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11 months, so here's a few pics from today's 12 month session.  It's really, really hard to get pictures of Elgin now, so I'm especially glad that we got a friend to do some real photography about two weeks ago.  I'll post some of them later.  They are beautiful.  Meanwhile, here are the ones I took today with my camera on the wrong setting.
Big bruise from a fall down the slide at school.
 Always looking to chew on something
Lips
 Both are always on the go!
I love that this boy smiles so easily... laughs, too.
 And gets a little cranky sometimes...
 Silliness is a family trait.
 His hair is so silky and so curly!
Elgin can be summed up with the following:

Toothy: 8 fully processed and at least two more on the way
Smiley: Smiles are reserved for most of the day and for anyone who will look his way.
Crazy about waving: Loves to wave at his people and to be waved back to.  You should see that return smile.
Snuggly: Well, when he wants to snuggle.
Laughy: It's easy to get him to laugh.  Sometimes you don't have to get him to laugh.  He just cracks up at himself, too.  It's good to laugh at yourself.
Pinchy: He pinches me a lot... bites me, too.  Still, I love to nurse him.
Mama's boy: He runs to the other side of the crib if Daddy goes to get him when he wakes. He screams until I come into the room.  We're in trouble.
Independent: Don't try to get him to go where you want him to go.  See above cranky pic.

2 comments:

~Sam said...

You guys make absolutely beautiful boys......Elgin's eyes are amazing. I need to touch base with you sometime Ginny- seems our little one has a lot of food allergies and I need help finding food to eat!

Kim said...

Agreed! You are going to have to swat away the ladies from both he and Henry. Love keeping up with you guys through your blog. :)