Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Well, well, well

Elgin is six days old today, and we ventured out of the house for his first checkup.  Newborn well visits are scheduled either in the early morning or right after to lunch to avoid other kids, so it was a just a small struggle for Cory to get H to school then come back to the house to pick up Elgin and me for the doctor appointment.  Henry, though, made it pretty easy and got ready almost completely independently this morning.  I am so proud of him.  For those of you wondering, Henry is doing well.  Gosh, I love him!

Now, for the "big" news.  My other boy is gaining weight like he was still an estimated menacingly large fetus.  When we left St. Francis on Friday, his weight was around seven pounds and almost three ounces.  Today, he weighed in at seven pounds and fifteen ounces!  He gained almost a pound since Friday!  I will never forget how excited I was that Henry was back at his birthweight at his first checkup.  You can imagine how excited I am that Elgin gained an additional nine ounces.
So, yes, I have another eater on my hands.  Nursing is going, going, going, and going well, and Elgin even gets enough milk during the day to sleep for three to four hour stretches at night.  In fact, I'm the one who needs him to nurse, so I woke him up a couple of times to eat already.  

Sweet boy who eats well, sleeps well, and is all around perfect, we love you.  
I am thinking of Grandjane's favorite hymn right now.  
It is well.
It is well with my soul.

1 comment:

~Sam said...

oh my gosh Ginny- I want another baby boy like right now!!!! I love this post. I'm so glad you're all doing wonderful!