Although we were hoping to not have to attend today's appointment, it was a good day to take another gander at Baby Cocks at our eleventh ultrasound. Cute baby boy is estimated at eight pounds and four ounces today, which means that his massive growth tapered, but he remains pretty big--88th percentile overall.
Dr. Keith checked, and I'm still around two centimeters dilated but increased to around 80% effaced. Steady progress! It's maddening to get too hopeful. Still, I cannot help but hope for delivery sometime this week.
Thanks, Cocks, for slowing down the growth. Now, what you could do is pick up the pace on getting here. Did you feel that earthquake this afternoon? Your Mama did, and for a few seconds, I thought labor was about to begin. Alas, it was only tectonic plates moving around an epicenter somewhere in rural Virginia. Still, you should consider it a sign to move your way on out to meet us. I love you so much and cannot wait to smell you! (Your mom is weird, by the way.)
Today, I am remembering to be grateful that I am at the point of being anxious for delivery. It seems like both forever and only a few weeks ago that we were praying you would stay put and that you would get what you needed to be healthy. Good job, Cocks. I am proud of you.
1 comment:
Well, how about that?! He arrived yesterdayish after all! We are so happy for you and cannot wait to hear more about him!
Post a Comment