Henry has an official day off of school on Friday, so we didn't play hooky on our unofficial hooky Monday. The result was that I missed him, so I decided to keep him home today, especially since Cory had an early meeting. Unfortunately, I felt pretty nauseous and generally lethargic all day, and Henry watched about ten shows. Yep. Ten. Jake and the Neverland Pirates, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, and Handy Manny were watched to our total limit today. I felt pretty guilty for not attempting any reading time and only a small amount of pretend play. (Even our train trip was based on the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse storyline.)
But, about halfway through one of the shows, Henry got up, walked over to me and said, "Mama, you're pretty." It was almost enough to make me want to read him a book!
Who are we kidding, though? The floodgate was open, and the boy was loving mindless TV. If I tried to read him a book at that point, he probably would have thought of it as punishment.
No comments:
Post a Comment