Whenever Henry really likes something, usually one of his own tricks, he describes it as "very awesome." He has yet to call Elgin very awesome, but I am going for it.
Last night, I was going to prepare a bottle for Cory to give Elgin at his four week mark, but bottles pretty much confuse me, and I quickly gave the boob when EW made it clear he needed his last evening feeding. He went to sleep a few minutes after eating, but only for a few minutes. Cory consoled him and tried to put him back down. He was lying contented in the co-sleeper for a few more minutes until he made some dissatisfied grunting noises, so I just had to pick him up to snuggle him to sleep.
Now, a neglected bottle and a slightly troublesome lying down for sleep might sound like the start to a bad night.
But it was a wonderful night. He slept from about 9:00 PM to 1:45 AM. Then, after eating, he slept from about 2:30 AM to 5:50 AM. Maybe he was telling me that he read my mind, and that he wasn't too keen on the bottle anyway. "See how content I am, Mama?"
I love this very awesome boy.
Still, we will try the bottle sometime soon. I know from experience that a baby who turns his cute little nose up at a bottle is a major stressor for a working Mama.
No comments:
Post a Comment