Monday, September 19, 2011

Couple of Milestones?

I know it's too early to deem it a social smile, but last week, I began to sing "You are My Sunshine" to Elgin while cradling him,  and he broke out with the biggest grin yet--the kind that takes over your face and even most of your body.  Or was that me whose whole body smiled back?

He also started saying the ever popular "a gooooooo" last week.  I love it.  Love it.  Today, he started saying "cooooooooooo."  They are the sweetest sounds.

Today was the first day that I couldn't instantly soothe my baby. Swaddling was a requirement.  I'm thinking he had a sour stomach or some gas since he also spit up on four occasions.  I cannot remember what I ate yesterday in order to try to cut it out.  Wait.  Now I remember.  No more hotdogs from Lowes.

I also put Elgin down while he was sleepy but awake and played this guaranteed-to-get-your-baby-to-sleep CD that Grandjoe gave us a while back.  He went to sleep easily, but I found myself extremely disappointed.  Doesn't he still need me to smell his head and pat his bottom while he snuggles on my chest?  I snuggled him to sleep the next two times, and he's sleeping soundly now.  I think I'll just nurse him to sleep tonight after he wakes.  It doesn't last long enough, and this time I know it to be true.

No comments: