Henry I went to see The Lion King this afternoon. At the first strains of "The Circle of Life," I was tearing up. By the time Rafiki shook his stick over Baby Simba who playfully batted it while looking up with innocent bewilderment, I was full on shoulder shaking sobbing. I was able to put a lid on it before H noticed, but here's a helpful hint for other mothers:
Don't leave your baby son for the first time to see a movie that features an adorable newborn lion cub who is destined to walk a difficult path to find his place in the great circle of life.
I did thoroughly enjoy myself, though, and so did Henry. The best part? He watched the majority of the film while sitting in my lap. At one point, he took my hand and whispered, "I love you, Mama."
And speaking of circles, look who happened to meet us in the hall...
Ahhhhhh... inner peace.
And speaking of inner peace, here's why I could leave my baby with Daddy. Bottles are a fledgling success!
You like how I came full circle with this post?

No comments:
Post a Comment