Saturday, June 4, 2011

Out with a bang! (Who shot ya?)

Last Friday, May 27th, Henry's yW teachers and classmates gave the boy a going away party for his last day at his old school.  We contributed cookies and water guns to the ice cream party.  Yes, we were the parents who brought guns to school.  Inappropriate?  Perhaps.  Inexpensive?  Totally.
Special guest (Mrs. Hannah's little girl) in the line of fire
Rambo?  Or Tupac?  
Henry has good friends at the yW, and Cory and I are going to miss them, too.  Although some friends were newer, this group has been together for a long time.

Girl on the left is one of the sweetest you will ever meet.
V always seemed to have a special place in her heart for H, and we think she's hilarious--especially when you give her some Kool Aid.  Watch out!
About a year ago, H had a hard time leaving school in the afternoon.  S used to push him out the door for me.  I am forever grateful.
Why, you may ask, does Henry sport swim attire to school?  Well, despite the downpours, Daddy and I held firm to the belief that Water Play Day would happen (hence the true reason for the water gun favors), but the thunder, lightening, and cool'ish temps kept the class indoors.  Since his trunks and rash guard never got wet, he just opted to wear them all day.  He was the only one.  

Here's something else we are going to miss about H's class... the quote wall.  Daddy took a picture of this one from last summer.  I think he felt honored.    
Mrs. Hannah and Ms. Nicole made it clear that they want H to stay in touch, and it's the plan.
See you later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

E and A particularly enjoyed his 'wall quote'. What happens when I put that in quotes? Hmm....

Have Cory ask me about a particular solution to island patch back hair.

-D