Look at our sweet baby boy! He gave us a perfect profile shot.
Here he is all snuggled up against his placenta pillow on the left and with his arm up beside his face:
Henry liked going through the ultrasound photos and actually paid close attention as I clicked through each one. I finally broke down a few days ago and quit calling my uterus "a thing that is like a balloon inside my belly" and called it a uterus. So, when we were looking at the pictures, he said, "He's in your uterus."
On Tuesday afternoon, I guzzled my fruit punch flavored glucose then had blood drawn. Dr. Keith didn't seem too worried about the fluid or Cocks's measurements since, as she explained it, bed rest can mean that he is getting an extra large dose of blood and nutrients. I'm not really using a whole lot of the stuff for myself. Still, we were anxious to find out if I could eat some 8th anniversary dessert. She said, "I would."
Today, finally, they called with the blood work result. I am diabetes free! Yea!
Despite passing the test, though, I'm going to be more diligent about my diet. I'll limit the indulgences. And for those of you out there with whom I placed orders for Sour Power Belts, just scratch it. I'll take fresh fruit, instead.
As for Cocks's growth? We are so proud of our trooper. He's an amazing boy. Go Cocks!
2 comments:
Great news!!!
Been thinking about you, that is wonderful news! Enjoy your delicious dessert ;) Happy (belated) Anniversary and (belated) Birthday! Much Love, Allison
Post a Comment