But what I'm thinking is that I am grateful to my parents for giving me this brother. I always think this when I see him. I think about how lonely life would be without him. I figure we all come into the world alone, and there are a handful of people who know us from our birth and throughout our entire life. And he's the one I will know the longest. I am completely lucky. I am the luckiest girl in the world. Right?
For some reason, it reminded me of several years ago, back in my high school or early college years, when my mom was teaching a parenting class, and one of the assignments was to ask your kids what they liked about your family. Our resulting answers actually couldn't be shared as examples with her students--just a bit too crass for her audience, I think. We always felt rather comfortable with one another. I thank David for doing an outstanding job of breaking in my parents, and then me, in your passive aggressive manner that we so love. You certainly kept life interesting.
Thank you, Mama and Daddy, for my brother. Elizabeth, you always have big, giant stars in your eyes for David, which is cool. He's totally worthy. And, Baby Cocks, I know, without a shadow of a doubt, that one day you will be thankful for your big brother.
Alright, family. Bring on the crass remarks.
Alright, family. Bring on the crass remarks.
1 comment:
Just now seeing this. That's very kind of you..... now take your medication. :)
Love ya'!
-Big Brother (no not that one).
Post a Comment