When I think of the number eight
I reflect on years that are more than just great
We knew when we said "I do"
That our fates were sealed with super glue
Although we often misplace that little yellow tube
Probably in our junk drawer with a random bouillon cube
You make the most delicious meals
Your culinary talents you continue to reveal
It's just one way that you take such good care of us
Despite the heavy workload, you never fuss
Should I pass my glucose tolerance test this afternoon
Let's eat something sweet then, tonight, let's relax and spoon
There are days when it might not seem clear
But you are my first priority all through the years
Even when the dog and kids take hold of the hour
It's you who I want to devour
To think, we might not have had a date
Were it not for our fantastic roommates
Life is peppered with decisions both good and bad
My decision to link up with you makes me the most glad
And you know, baby, I got your back
Laughs, love, and trust we will never lack
Now, to help ensure many more years to partake
A dermatologist appointment you must make
I love you, baby, no matter where
No matter when, no matter how


2 comments:
This blew my mind.
You crazy kids!
Happy Anniversary!
-David
Post a Comment