Friday, April 29, 2011

Safety

Sometimes I forget just how fortunate I am to be a part of a family in which I always felt safe.  (Not counting the super miniscule number of times I did something wrong and sneaky and feared being caught.  Probably less than twice, surely.)  Today, I realize how fortunate my family is to be safe.

Elizabeth made it back safely from her Semester at Sea on Monday afternoon.  Her flight arrived in Charlotte as planned, and although I am sure that she misses captain's dinners, the best sunset views, and her group of friend-explorers, we are glad she is home.

My brother's family is safe and sound in Alabama.  After talking to David on Wednesday evening, I felt relieved to know their basement status, but after watching the news coverage of tornado damage across their state, I realize that prayers for others impacted by the damage can't stop any time soon.

No comments: