Saturday, April 23, 2011

Power Hour

Poor Henry.  He woke up around 5AM on Thursday very politely but urgently calling Daddy, saying, "Daddy!  Can you come in here!  I need you, Daddy!"  Then we heard, "I threw up, and I need your help."  Big mess.  He seemed to rebound quickly then settle back in to sleep.  We really thought we were in for less than a day of illness.  We were wrong.

Poor guy was not happy about being sick.  He would ask me, "Remember when Grandjoe took me to the zoo (last Friday), and I wasn't sick?"  "Remember yesterday?  I felt better."
He didn't like having to lie on the floor with bowls around him.  They really made him mad, but they were necessary. 
And, in Henry fashion, he spiked a fever of 103.9 that stuck around, and he couldn't keep down any medicine.  So, the pediatrician said that due to his unusually lethargic nature and inability to keep anything down, we should give him a teaspoon of gatorade every ten minutes for an hour. Thankfully, he kept the gatorade and medicine down, along with a piece of dry toast and a couple of saltines.  Crisis averted!
We are so glad that he's better now.  Henry is, too.  On Friday afternoon, after one more bout with the bowl, he asked me to text Mrs. Hannah.  Here's what I was instructed to send to her:  "Thank you for letting Henry be sick.  Henry is happy now."

Love this boy.

No comments: