I love my funny kid.
Last Sunday, I ventured to the couch for lunch. Since I ate my sandwich on the couch, Henry wanted to eat his with his plate on the floor--an occasional treat. At one point, we noticed that H was putting his sandwich on the floor rather than the plate, so Daddy reminded him where to put it. Henry quickly responded, "I'm just testing this carpet with my sandwich."
Later, after he polished off his sandwich, he began asking for something else to eat. I asked him what he wanted, and he said, "I want a thing that is pink. And like a bean. And it's a food, and it's a... jelly bean. I don't want any healthy food."
He was obliged.
Tonight, Henry came into our bedroom while I was watching "Say Yes to the Dress," a show that I began watching about a week into my bed restdom and that is all about a bride's wedding dress shopping experience in the world's largest wedding dress boutique. Henry said, "That dress is beautiful." And I said, "Yeah, some of those dresses really are beautiful." H nodded his head and then asked, "Can I get one like that when I get big?" I just giggled and explained that probably whoever he marries may want a dress like the ones on TV. Without skipping a beat, Henry said, "OK. I'll probably marry you, though."
Awwwwww...
Sometimes, H can be serious, too. Old man serious.
Henry stayed home with me all day on Wednesday and Thursday due to the peak of a nasty cold. Today, he returned to school. One of his teachers recounted a conversation to Cory when he went to pick up Henry. Henry told his teacher that when you are sick, you have a fever. His teacher explained that sometimes, you can be sick without a fever. Henry agreed, saying "That's very true, Miss Hannah... that's very true."
No comments:
Post a Comment