"Jackie" isn't looking so hot. We definitely carved him too early.
Here he was on Friday when I first noticed the mold.

Here he is today... note the addition of the slugs. Maybe he's just getting his Halloween gross on?

Henry hasn't noticed yet, but I can already imagine him saying, "Jackie!" Then, after a closer look that reveals the decomposition, mold, and slug... "EWWWWWWWW!!!"
Jackie might not be allowed to hang out on our porch all the way until Halloween.
2 comments:
Hmmm...won't do much for the slugs and the mold, but if you soak it in water for an hour or so, it really will perk it up. Promise! :-)
My pumpkin didn't even make it to carving...we were going to carve them tonight, but I noticed some strange spots on it last night. Upon closer inspection, I realized those were holes, oozing pumpkin fluids all over my table. :(
Post a Comment