Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Skipping work aint baaaaaad.

Cory here, guest-blogging following a big day on the farm.
Henry took me on his field trip today. We were supposed to go to Niven Apple Farm, but they cancelled because it rained yesterday. So, we decided to go to Callaham's orchard in Belton.

Wesley and Ethan brought their dads and Max brought his mom. We fed some goats, raced some ducks, milked a cow, ate pumpkin ice cream at 10 a.m. (Daddy's favorite part), went on a tractor ride (Henry's favorite part), and ate some lunch.
Henry enjoyed spending the day outside with his friends, even though he had to wear orange, the worst color. Daddy enjoyed some rare weekday time with Henry, especially when Henry pointed at a goat and asked "Is it scary?" We finally agreed that the goat was pretty.I don't know how often I'll be able to play hookie from work to go ride tractors with my boy, but I'm glad I did today.

No comments: