Sunday, October 25, 2009

The art of dressing Henry

Henry's in about the fourth percentile for weight and about the seventieth percentile for height, so it's tough to dress him. Grandjane, Henry, and I went shopping yesterday so that we could purchase some pieces to attempt to put together some outfits that actually fit our little guy. Thankfully, Evan sent us a bunch of clothes already, so we're just trying to add some articles to get the right mix. I think he wears an 18 month top and a 24 month bottom, but it's not always the case. Sometimes it's a 24 month top and bottom, or even a 2T pant or 18 months.

Today, he wore a really cute 2T outfit that Nana bought him a while back. It's a little big, but apparently 2T fits more slim that 24 months, so a few rolls of the pants legs made the outfit just right, and, of course, adorable. Henry bragged about having a pirate shirt. Mama doesn't have one, and Daddy doesn't have one, either.
He also realized today that we somehow misplaced both pairs of his sunglasses, so I gave him a pair of my really, really cheap sunglasses that I bought a long time ago. (Why can I find them and not his?)
He was satisfied with his ensemble today. Plus, he got to wear his coat a lot, and he loves this coat... loves it. It was a birthday gift from Cory's Aunt Laura, and he is getting lots of wear out of it this fall--indoors and out.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I feel so honored that Henry likes his Auntie Laura coat. And he looks soooo handsome in it!