Thursday, August 19, 2010

Zing!

Yesterday, amid downtown's already painfully slow road construction, a water main burst, resulting in yet another road block on one of the multiple route choices to get to the yW.  While we were waiting in a stand-still left hand turn lane, Henry saw a motorcycle on the road and said, “Look!  A bicycle on the road!”  And I said, “That’s actually a motorcycle.”  So he said, “No!  I think it’s a bicycle!”  For some reason, I couldn’t let it drop, so I said, “It really is a motorcycle.”  There was a long pause and then Henry said, “You’re being mean.”  I disagreed, and we were both quiet for a while longer while we sat in line to turn onto Park Avenue.  Then he said, “Look!  I see smoke!  I see smoke, and I see you being mean!”

Nice segue, smarty pants.  (And I never caught site of any smoke, either.)

No comments: