Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentines

My Funny Valentine

My Sweet Valentine
A few things that I want to remember:

This year, Henry wrote all of his Valentines himself--the To and the From.  Well, except for the three kids with super long names.  It's impossible for him to fit their names in the small little square.

Elgin's class exchanged Valentines, which is somehow so cute.  Their "mailboxes" were their individual diapers with the tabs closed, taped to the door--perfect for holding a few special valentines.

Henry and I made treats for his teachers and Elgin's teachers.  Daddy was also a recipient.  I really think I'm going to have to make them again next year so that I can try a few.
Elgin took a 15 minute nap this afternoon.  The nap was brief, but he was unswaddled!  Maybe he'll be sleeping without being tightly wrapped up before he's 15, after all.
I like Valentine's day.  Sure, it's a commercial/ consumer holiday, but I'll celebrate love with great joy.  Maybe it's because I do love my Main Valentine so much.  Thanks for the TED friendly steak dinner, my love.
Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: