Henry had to stay home from school on Tuesday due to waking in the middle of the night with a fever and barking like a seal until he stood ouside in the cold air. Until 1:30 AM, he gave us no indication of being sick.
When I took H to school on Wednesday, Ms. Susan said that one of the student teachers told her that, on Monday, Henry was upset about something--so much so that he was full on crying and it carried on for quite a while. The teacher asked H if he was going to be OK since it's very uncommon for Henry to be that upset. He said to her, "I'm just so mad at myself. I'm trying to stop crying, but I can't!" Then, pointing to his eyes, he said, "Do you see these tears?"
Man, that story made me sad. I had no idea he probably wasn't feeling well on Monday afternoon. I sort of wish that I could go back in time, be in the classroom, and console him myself. I also wonder how he knows when he's mad at himself. Hmmmm... so much to think about.
On a positive note, I am always glad to hear him identify his feelings.
No comments:
Post a Comment