If I were true to the fashion of the last two years, I would have already kicked off my week of celebrating Henry by listing his best phrases, favorite books, songs, etc... After yesterday's flurry of activity, though, I was and am spent.
Henry was sick with a fever of about 102.5 when Cory took him over to Grandjoe's capable care so that I could get to work and Cory could get some work done. When I checked in on Henry at lunchtime, though, he was waking from a short nap with eary chills and pitiful whimpers. I took his temp and felt a cold shock wash over when the digital read out was clearly 106.1. I did two more swipes to be sure, and the lowest reading was 105.8. After doses of ibuprofen and acetaminophen and a tepid bath, the temp still wouldn't stay down. Our pediatrician advised us to get to the ER, so Grandjoe drove while I sat beside my very quiet and still little boy. Thankfully, the temperature read much lower after about half an hour, and Cory and I opted to go to the pediatrician's office for our previously scheduled appointment after waiting in the ER exam room for about 45 minutes. Dr. Song tested him for the flu (negative) and step throat (negative), and when she came into the exam room to tell us the results, Henry was jumping off the exam table and interrupting our conversation. We're keeping a close eye on him now, and his fever is remaining in a much less dangerous level.
We're still exhausted. Henry didn't sleep well last night but took a four hour nap this afternoon.
So here's how I am belatedly kicking off a week of Henry:
I am so very grateful that he's OK and that we will celebrate his 3rd birthday very soon. I love him!
No comments:
Post a Comment