Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I conquered!

Part of the reason we have an all wheel drive vehicle is that I despise driving in inclement weather or across rough terrain and seriously need to feel my tires managing the road.  Well, this morning, white-knuckled and muscle-tensed, I crept to work across thick ice and clumpy snow.  Then I carefully shuffled across the ice skating rink of a parking lot before shakily unlocking the office door.  It took about ten minutes for my headache to subside and my knuckles to unclench.

The return home was much faster and less nerve-wracking.  And when I walked in the door, Henry was just beside himself with excitement.  Yes, baby, I did it!  I drove across the ice to work!  I did it!  Your Mama is a hero!  A HERO!  No clients showed, and I cannot blame them.  But, hey, if they did, I was there waiting for them.

No comments: