Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Ugh... It's all in the timing

I'm sick.  It's the forehead on the cold tile between yelling at the toilet kind.

It's horrible in and of itself, but the timing really sucks.  Last night, Cory tried to replicate my banana pudding for a lunch he was hosting.  He forgot the bananas.  It's not normal for Cory to forget the bananas, but he also had to smoke a few pork butts, prepare slaw, get H's lunch ready, wrap H's teachers' Christmas gifts, get the stuff ready for H's school Christmas party, and, of course, get the boy ready for bed and then ready for school this morning.  He took H for his haircut this afternoon, too.  I hate missing Henry's hair appointments.  I also hate knowing that Cory is overloaded and that we won't get to do dinner with our friends tomorrow night.

It's never OK for a dad to say he's babysitting his own kid, but I never intended to saddle Cory with all the business of this week, and I actually feel lonely just listening to my boys' banter.  Here's to hoping that the virus stops with me, too, because Cory is a much better single parent than I am.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Hope you feel better soon!