Sunday, November 28, 2010

Practice Feast

The two preschool classes at H's school hosted a Thanksgiving Feast on the Friday before Thanksgiving.  The feast was to begin at 11:00, and when I got to Henry's class at 11:05, they were still waiting for the feast to be set up, so the kids and parents were stuck waiting in the classroom before we could enter the dining area.  Henry saw me walk through the door and threw his arms and upper body across their snack table and said, "Nooooooo... I still need to eat!"  I assured him that I wasn't there to take him home but to eat the feast with him.  The boy has a stomach schedule, for sure.

His disposition didn't improve even when we entered the sofa room with all the other kids and parents...
It did improve, though, once we got our food.  The macaroni and cheese was his favorite, followed closely by the apple slices.
We both ate well and were prepped for our upcoming week/ weekend of bountiful feasting.  Thank you, Henry, for inviting me to the preliminary feast. 

No comments: