Saturday, October 30, 2010

In ten years...

A lot changed since Cory and I graduated from Furman in 2000, not the least of which is conversation topics such as...
  • the opportunity for Floridians to see the change in leaf colors 
  • bottle strikes and potty training
  • and actually discussing the football game outcome
There is still an unending litany of stories that never cease to make us laugh, and Cory and I, who started dating in the middle of our senior year, still get to hear a few new ones that reaffirm that it's a good thing that we didn't start dating until the middle of our senior year.

Henry hung out with us on Saturday of homecoming, and seeing the festivities through his eyes made me re-think our resolution to teach the boy the value of an affordable state college education.  (Scholarships, Henry.  Scholarships.)

This one makes me smile...  
Look!  A train!
New attendee to the Hurricane Club tailgate:
A roll down the hill...
FU Allllllllllllllll the time!

2 comments:

~Sam said...

We drove through those festivities on our way home from camping that day and that campus is SO beautiful! Such fun that you live so close your school!

Kristin B said...

Love all the new posts. Henry made an awesome triceratops!

The Furman reunion was our first time at the Hurricane Club. I had to laugh when Baggett was aquanting me with the tailgate. I asked him all about the signed football and the signed helmet. He was telling me all about the history of the group - then I asked about Buzz Lightyear, and he said something like, "oh, um...I think that's just Jackson's." I totally thought it was a mascot of some significance. Oops!