Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I'm just going to say it...

Henry fell asleep without his bi tonight... surprisingly. 

And sleep did not come without peril.  Basically, after he demanded his bi to a point of near hysteria, I was able to calm him down by singing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" over and over while rubbing his back.  (You should try singing that song 20 times in a row. It's hard not to get confused and wonder if you are starting the song over or if you're in the middle of it.  Henry caught me getting off track a few times and whimpered, "That's not how it goes.") Then, when he was almost asleep, I stepped away and said, "You need to try to sleep without your bi, and if it doesn't work, I will check on you.  But I cannot give you your bi unless you are very, very quiet.  OK?"  He very pitifully replied, "Yes, m'am."  Then, he fell asleep.

No comments: