I'm kicking off this week of celebrating Henry with a post about his very first "note" sent home from the teacher. Henry was apparently telling the teachers, "No!" and "I don't want to!" when asked to do just about anything today. Mrs. Hannah says she ended up taking him for a walk around the building to talk about it.
Did he get it? I actually think he might. She says the day got better after their talk, and she also says that he repeated back every word of their conversation as they walked around together.
Then again, we long suspected that my active listening skills are backfiring on us as Henry sometimes repeats back every. single. word. we say in the form of a question. Does he always know what he's repeating back? Probably not, but I do credit him with being pretty darn sharp. I also suspect that he's cutting some painful teeth right now, which would make me cranky, too.
In other news, Henry weighs 26 pounds! He told me so when we got home from school today. Actually, he said he weighs six, but Mrs. Hannah told me the more accurate number earlier today.
Happy birthday week, Henry!
(Henry's best "question" inflection) Happy Birthday week, Henry?
No comments:
Post a Comment