Sunday, August 9, 2009

2.5 Years Later... We did it!

For the first time in Henry's life, I am not a student! Of course, I'm still learning my new field, and I also continue to learn about myself. One thing that's very apparent is that I have an extremely supportive family, and it was made most obvious when Cory didn't even blink when I tearfully explained my desire for a new career, the time I would have to spend in school, and the ultimate slash in my current income and earning potential. He definitely picked up my slack around the house, even whipping up healthy prenatal meals then, after Henry came along, making sure to come home as quickly as possible on nights that I had class. He's a supportive and skillful husband and father.Henry was very accommodating during the entire process. He was a very good newborn, so I only missed one class right after his birth.  He also taught me a few extra things like one handed typing skills, extreme multitasking, and some humility when my studious and philsophical responses ended up as, "Perhaps the theory besttttttt 9hfh v ''''' ;;ffffffff'7 kllqaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" My professors are going to miss Henry's typing.
It was also fitting that Grandjane, Grandjoe, and Elizabeth were there, too, as they were very helpful in making sure that Henry was well-taken care of when I had to be in Columbia some days or when Henry was sick but I had no room to miss internship hours.

I learned a lot in the last 2.5 years, and I am grateful for my family that encouraged me all along. Were it not for them, we might not have this awesome photo:

7 comments:

kayce said...

Congratulations Ginny! Very proud of you :)

Megan said...

Congratulations!! What's your new degree?? I have meant to ask about all this 'school' business earlier but didn't. What an accomplishment!

Ginny said...

Hey, Megan! Got my Master's in Rehabilitation Counseling from your old school!

Megan said...

Cool - congrats, again!! Keep us posted on your job whereabouts - sounds really interesting!!!

Megan said...

Go 'cocks, BTW!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!!

Kristin B said...

Congratulations, Ginny! We're so happy for you!