
Courtesy of the Ekebergh's, Henry attended his first
Greenville Drive game tonight, and while I'm sure the game was exciting for some, he was mainly into the "bus!" (trolley), the trolley wheels, and the slides in the playground.

Poor Niklas. I was at the top telling Niklas to "Go, Go!" He would get excited, and then Henry's 5 minute scoot down the slide would cause him to get stuck in the rear. Linsey and Chris would then gently admonish Niklas and instruct him to be careful with Henry. I must say that I was very impressed with Niklas' patience with both Henry's stop-go skids and the conflicting encouragers from the adults.


I'm glad that our boys got to play together, and I can already imagine their future friendships. Perhaps one day, when they are older, I will slip in a suggestion that Niklas will be a good friend to have, and nearby, Linsey will quietly suggest the same to Niklas. And, despite their innate desire to defy their moms, they will find themselves drawn to become the best of friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment