Saturday, June 13, 2009
Daddy?
The doctors warned us... Henry might switch between Mama and Daddy as to who he insists holds him and be by his side as he grows nearer and nearer to the separation anxiety phase. Henry chose Daddy about three weeks ago, and he hasn't turned back to Mama since. However, we are a little confused and think that Henry might also be a little mixed up as to who's who. He wants Daddy to hold him but often gestures for me while still desperately saying, "Daddy, Daddy." We don't know if he really intends for Daddy to be the preferred holder, or if he just suddenly decided it was easier to call us both Daddy. I haven't heard "Mama" in a really long time. Admittedly, it's sort of nice to get a break, but I miss hearing him say my name--especially when I pick him up from the YW and he runs over to me only to begin to sob, "Daddy..."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment