Sunday, January 25, 2009

Henry's Repetoire

Henry turns one this Saturday! I cannot believe how quickly his first year passed, but even more so, I sometimes cannot believe that my little boy is that same tiny little baby who came home with us from the hospital. He made us beam from the start, but, oh how he makes us laugh now! He is especially entertaining since he regularly adds little words to his vocabulary.

I decided to start a week of celebrating Henry, and to kick it off, here's a list of his intentional word wealth.

In order of appearance:

Heeeeeeeey!
Da Da
Bye!
Ma Ma
Yeah
Uh Oh
Book
More
Ee i ee i (Old McDonald had a farm... )
Bowl
Ball
Block
Daddy
Penny (more like "Wlenny")
Bird
Thank you
Moon
Monkey
Dog
Moo
Light
Thereamoo (Here a moo, there a moo... )

It's fun to see what words he can learn, and it is especially neat to have him suddenly say a new word without our prompting. Interestingly, Grandjane seems to be the best interpreter. He must be so grateful to have someone who understands.

No comments: