Friday, October 3, 2008

Roseola and the Tooth


We decided that Henry's temperature was climbing back to fever level, so we went to the pediatrician last night.  It turns out that Henry has Roseola, which is common for the first year of life and typically not too serious.  

Oddly, it was almost a relief to find out that there was an actual virus and to know what to expect.  Henry's two previous "sick" checks resulted in first a teething diagnosis and then a slight possibility of a small cold virus or, again, teething symptoms.  We don't want him to be sick, but at least we know how to help now!

The funny thing is that I finally found Henry's first tooth last night after we got home from the doctor!  It only took five months of some serious teething, but there it was on the bottom gum!  It's no wonder our little guy was less smiley--a protruding tooth coupled with a virus.   We are taking good care of him, and Daddy is working from home today to help since I seem to have some sort of virus, too.

I think that you can sort of see his little bit of tooth (bottom right) in this picture that I took today.  Henry is such a good sport and is much better at handling being sick than I am.  I love him.

No comments: