Friday, September 14, 2012

True colors

Henry and I both woke up early this morning and had some quiet minutes together before the rush of the day began.  He chose to begin coloring his assignment from his Wednesday night church group.

For the first time, I noticed that he's coloring intentionally within the lines, intentionally choosing realistic (but still imaginative) colors, and intentionally holding the crayon in a tripod grasp.

I'm amazed.  We never really pushed him to color within the lines, especially since it's a little out of Henry character.  We used to try to see if he could hold pencils and pens with the tripod grasp but haven't really pushed it, either. I think he just practiced until he got it.  And, now, he seems to actually enjoy coloring.

My lover of white space took just a couple of years to embrace the colored wax medium.  What's next?

No comments: