Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Stats and More at 4 Months

Henry and I escorted EW to his four month well visit yesterday morning, and we received nothing but good news.  Elgin is a long, lean, toy grasping machine.  He weighed in at 14 pounds and 12 ounces, falling in the 28th percentile.  In contrast to his weight, he's now 26.5 inches and is in the 92nd percentile for length. His head size is right around average at 16.5 inch circumference.  

He grasps for toys, laughs, tracks me across the room, babbles his head off though he has excellent head control, and is back on a weight gain track after hopefully healing from all that GI irritation.  Despite the copious amounts of drool, constant fist chewing, and threatened thumb sucking, he is not teething--just a wet mess.  His history of cuteness was also assessed, and he continues to present with the same symptoms.

We are received an all clear for both his lungs and ears.  I updated Dr. Song on our TED progress and told her that I'm now including salmon, sunflower seeds and oil, grapes, raisins, and avocado.  I tried to add oatmeal and green beans but took them both back out when EW seemed to experience trouble eating again, and we weren't sure if it was food or antibiotic based.  She suggested I try to add them again later, especially since they are both common to baby foods.  While I do plan on making EW's food just like we did with Henry, I don't want to have my back against the wall when I need to grab a jar of pre-made stuff on a road trip.

I asked Dr. Song about EW's propensity towards bearing weight on his legs as opposed to trying to sit, and she asked more about his motor skills.  Does he roll from his back to his front?  Yes.  Does he roll from his front to his back?  Yes.  The diagnosis:  You're going to have to watch him.  He's just a very active boy.


 He's just trying to keep up with his big brother.

No comments: