Way back on November 28th, I returned to my full time employment, and it was also the day that Granddaddy passed away, so my work week was cut short. It was an incredibly tough week, but it was also the prelude for Elgin's first week of school. So, on December 5th, Elgin started school just down the hall from his big brother. Considering we already did a trial separation period, the transition was fairly smooth, and since he was sound asleep when we parted, it added to our ease at departure time.
Within his first week of school, EW contracted a virus that led to bronchiolitis, and breathing treatments ensued. On a very positive note, Dr. Song checked Elgin's diaper while we were there for our visit, and, to my delight, the mess was blood free! Thank you, TED.
Breathing treatments helped with, well, breathing, and we still do about three a day. Unfortunately, though, a secondary double ear infection was diagnosed on EW's follow up visit on Wednesday. Grandjane is our more-than-willing sitter/ baby holder who cared for both boys while school is out for a two week Christmas break, and I feel so grateful that her schedule allows Elgin a chance to recuperate away from general germs. Next week, Nana will have her turn.
In the midst of the return to work, the breathing treatments, the antibiotics, the early mornings, the interrupted sleep patterns, and the general chaos, we seek small moments of peace with our boys. It's then that I remember that I'm surrounded by love, adorableness, spunk, humor, and lots and lots of drool.
I'll upload pics to this post soon... got to get some snuggling done now.
No comments:
Post a Comment