Thursday, July 7, 2011

Bouncing Bladder Boy

At 31 weeks, the main thing I note about Cocks is that he's a major mover.  At our OB appointment on Wednesday, I admitted that Cocks's movements seemed volitle in comparison with Henry's fetus activity.  Henry was transverse until around 36 weeks gestation, which means that, although his position wasn't ideal for traveling through the birth canal, he wasn't head butting my bladder.  Cocks, though, was head first quite a while ago and is all about ramming his little head into my poor bladder.  Let me tell you.  It hurts!

The pain is something I can handle, but the sudden and urgent need to pee and then pee again... and again a few seconds later... I could do without.  An avid water-drinker such as myself is accustomed to frequent restroom trips, but it's ridiculous how many times I add toilet paper to Cory's shopping list.  And he buys the biggest pack!

One good thing about modified bed rest is that I am not meeting with clients.  What would I do if I were sitting across from a client when Cocks decided to push his knees off my ribs and ram his head into my bladder?  I guess I would have to excuse myself, or there would be embarrassing consequences.  But, what if the one ladies restroom was occupied?  Oh, the pain!

We are grateful, though, for Cocks's every movement and for every non-threatening pain.  In two weeks, we get another glimpse at our littlest boy during our tenth ultrasound.  So far, he's remaining a very strong and determined trooper.

No comments: