Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Alarming

Today, I woke up to the sounds of my clock radio/ alarm but somehow managed to convince myself that it was Saturday morning.  Ahhh... Saturday.  Back to slumber.

Amazingly, I woke up later to "Mama?  Mama?  Mama!  Mama?"  It suddenly occurred to me that Henry was awake and calling for me.  I told Cory, "Henry's awake.  I'll get him."  But when I opened the door, Henry was standing in front of me, poised to put his hand on the doorknob.  He said, "I was looking for you, Mama!"

Yes, Henry has been in his big boy bed for a couple of weeks now, but it was the first time that he woke up on his own on a weekday morning, and certainly the first time he walked around the house looking for me in the morning.  Somehow, it's an even bigger shock to me than seeing him in his bed--the idea of him waking up, stretching, climbing out of bed, strolling down the hall to the kitchen... it's so grown up!  

Of course, I'm also thankful that Henry woke me up this morning.  Maybe he's meant to be my backup alarm.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Brave woman, you! Anna is "locked" in her room...we think it will be that way until she's like 18.