Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mother's Day Indulgence

Sure, Mother's Day was three days ago, but I am taking the recent occurrence of Mother's Day and my position as Henry's mother to indulge in a direct boast about the boy who makes me so very happy to be a Mama.

Today, Ms. Cole told me that they introduced some new shapes to Henry's class at the YW--crescent, arch, rhombus, semi-circle, and octagon.  Henry was the only one in the class to be able to name them right back to her, even happily recalling them as she demonstratively drew them on a scratch sheet of paper for Henry to show off to me.  Ms. Cole reminded me that Henry is, by far, the youngest in the class.

Henry's latest craze is to declare "I did it all by myself!" after independently and successfully accomplishing some daily tasks, and each time he picks up a new skill, I swell with pride.  I love my adorable, smiley, hilarious, and genius boy!  Thanks for making me your Mama, Henry!

No comments: