The bad news is that Henry has his first ear infection--moderate and in the left ear. The good news is that Henry now weighs 21 lbs, 6 oz, so we were able to convert his carseat to the forward facing position. It means that he got to look ahead rather than backwards as we made a couple of recent trips to Carolina Pediatrics.
I took Henry to the doctor last Friday after his cold wouldn't go away and he was acting especially wimpy. I couldn't hide my excitement when the scale showed his stellar weight gain. And then Dr. Song checked his ears and exclaimed, "His ears look wonderful!" She told us to keep an eye on him and to bring him back if his fever didn't go away in the next couple of days.
On Tuesday, Mrs. Tammy pointed out that Henry's eye was gooey, so I called and made an appointment to bring him in this morning. Poor Henry was in pain when he woke up screaming last night, and Daddy was glad to take him back to the pediatrician this morning to see what we needed to do to help our little guy. And, it turns out, it's time for some antibiotics. I stayed home with him today, and we actually had a very good day playing and napping. He is the best patient ever! I am going to miss him tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment