Sunday, February 1, 2009

One!

A fever of 102.5  couldn't stop this one year old boy from having a wonderful first birthday celebration!  Henry woke up with a fever, runny nose, and a big ol' smile!  He had an amazing day of celebration, and it started with some quiet playtime with his visiting Nana and Granddad.  Henry loved the time with family and friends, and he eventually loved his birthday cake.  

It was great to see everyone, and we are so thankful for family that travels to see our little boy and to celebrate with us.  Cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents--all so important to Henry.  We missed Aunt Kayce and Uncles Josh and Caleb, but we hope to see them soon!

We hope that everyone enjoyed the day--especially the gift unwrapping made especially fun when Henry decided to place the gift bag over his head.  There's one at every party.


Of course, there was a great feeling of nostalgia after all the revelry, but I must say that I am mainly proud of this little boy and his parents.  We had an amazing first year, and I am looking ahead with my own big ol' smile.  It helps that Henry is such a fun, sweet, cute, and silly guy.  We really like him!  

1 comment:

Marie said...

Happy Birthday, Henry! I hope you and Max can have a play date soon!