Wednesday, November 26, 2008

He Talks!

Henry actually started his first words already, but I simply have been wrapped up with illnesses, schoolwork, etc... and haven't shared them with everyone yet.

Last week, I thought that Henry was intentionally saying "DaDa," to his Daddy or at least when  looking for his Daddy.  It became crystal clear that he was referring to Daddy when Cory walked into the nursery on Wednesday morning, and upon his entry, Henry said a very clear, "Heeeeeey!" from the crib.  Then, just before I nursed him that same morning, Daddy walked into the room, and Henry said, "DaDa!"  Then, believe it or not, Henry repeated my prompting of, "Hey, Dada!"

What a smart boy we have... his first intentional words and even a first phrase at 9 months!

He also started saying "Bye Bye!"  There was no doubt about his "Bye Bye!" that he exclaimed while waving as I took him from his classroom last Thursday.  Now, though, he shortened the phrase to simply, "Bye," and he says it, along with the waving, quite frequently.  He also shortened ,"Hey, DaDa!" to just, "Hey, Da!"  He is pressed for time and can't manage wasting breath on double syllables when it's not completely necessary, you know.

Henry is a fun chatterer, and I love his growing range of expressions--facial and verbal.  I am, however, anxiously waiting for intentional "Mama."

No comments: